VMM™ is a Point-of-Sale (POS) software system designed for
multi-merchant businesses such as Antique Malls, Consignment shops and Craft Malls in which the merchandise being
sold by the business is the property of many different Dealers who either rent booth space from the store and/or
agree to pay a commission to the store on the sale of their merchandise. A quick way to learn more about
the software is to download the VMM Help file. It provides a complete guide to the features and
operation of the software. Click here to
download the file: VMMhelp.zip. (Note: The ZIP archive file size is about 7.2 MB.)
The software permits the sale of an unlimited number of items from the inventory of multiple Dealers to be entered into a
single sales invoice, and the sales are segregated into the individual Dealer's accounts. It is a very flexible system
that permits any combination of commissions on Dealer sales, rents on "booths", and the optional recovery of store expenses
related to Dealer sales. For example, a charge card fee (percentage) can be deducted from all Dealer sales that are
paid for with a charge card. All of these features come with the purchase of the basic VMM software package.
The following list presents a few of the many features available in basic VMM software package.
- Accounting periods can be weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly.
- VMM supports an unlimited number of Dealers, Customers, booths, and commission rates.
- Purchases may be paid for with any combination of cash, check and/or charge amounts (i.e., split tendering).
- Invoice entry can be "suspended" during a sale and all posted information saved for future invoice completion or cancellation so that another customer can be served at the checkout station.
- Optional entry of Customer information is available for each sale. The program tracks customer purchases for management analysis.
- A Customer "wish list" can also be maintained. The wish list can be used to take custom orders for Dealers that are willing to produce special order products
- The printing of Sales receipts for every sale is optional, but "on-demand" receipts can be printed when desired. Receipts may be printed in a full-page format (i.e., 8½x11" paper) using a standard printer or on any 40-column receipt printer. Automatic cash drawers are also supported.
- The messages that are printed at the bottom of all receipts can be edited and tailored to the individual store.
- Tracks and reports all Sales Taxes. Each item on a sales invoice may be flagged as either taxable or non-taxable. Tax Exempt invoices can also be entered.
- The collected sales taxes can optionally be paid to any Dealer who wants to be responsible for remitting their collected taxes to the proper government agency (depending on the store's policy).
- A Dealer's sales can be immediately displayed and/or printed for any desired date range.
- The flexible message system built into VMM permits a general message to be printed at the bottom of the Dealer Period Sales Statements for all Dealers. Messages can also be entered and printed for individual Dealer's statements.
- A Daily Sales report provides details for closing out the checkout station(s). This report can be printed on a station-by-station basis in a multi-user system. If Operator (i.e., sales clerk) tracking is turned on, the Daily Sales report can be printed for each individual sales clerk.
- A large variety of additional reports are provided to facilitate the management and operation of the business.
- Virtually every form in the software can be moved and re-sized to meet the individual operator's preferences.
- All reports can be previewed, printed or output to a text file.
All of the foregoing features, plus more, are available in the basic VMM software package. The software provides all of the functionality required to sell and track Dealer sales for a multi-merchant business without any of the optional features that are available in the software. However, there are eight extra cost options that can be added to the basic Point-of-Sale software to extend its capabilities. They are as follows:
- Email Dealer Period Sales Statements — The Period Sales Statements are printed in a PDF format and emailed as message attachments to Dealers that have an email account and have chosen to receive their statements in this manner. This option can quickly pay for itself with the savings realized in postage, supplies and labor.
- Print Dealer Settlement Checks and IRS 1099-MISC Forms — Checks are printed for all Dealers with a positive net income for the accounting period, and the amounts paid to the Dealers are tracked for the calendar (i.e., tax) year. After the last checks are printed for any year, IRS 1099-MISC informational forms can be printed and mailed to the Dealers.
- Gift Certificates — Gift Certificates are sold, printed and tracked by the VMM software. A G/C's can then be used by a Customer as a form of payment for any purchase made through the Sales Register. A report of outstanding G/C's can be printed at any time.
- Lay-a-Way Sales — Any sale can be converted into a Lay-a-Way with a completely flexible payment schedule. Up to ten payments can be scheduled for any desired selection of due dates. Only monies that are actually collected on a Lay-a-Way are paid out to the Dealers on the Lay-a-Way.
- Dealer Accounts Receivable — Monies owed to the Store by individual Dealers is tracked by the software. These charges can come from late fees, missed work days, booth re-stocking fees, rents, advertising assessments, etc. If Dealers are charged rents and the rents are not deducted from sales, this option package will provide a significant benefit to the store. The A/R package includes the printing of both open item and balance forward A/R statements for Dealers.
- Email Dealer Accounts Receivable Statements — Dealer A/R balance forward statements are printed in PDF format and emailed as message attachments to Dealers that have an email account and have chosen to receive their statements in this manner. This option can quickly pay for itself with the savings realized in postage, supplies and labor. (This option is only available in conjunction with the foregoing A/R option.)
- noFUSS™ Inventory system — Inventory items are maintained and tracked for individual Dealers. It is called noFUSS™ Inventory because items do not have to be pre-entered into a Dealer's inventory before they are sold, and when they are sold, the items can optionally be saved to the Dealer's inventory table. So the inventory has the ability to "build itself" as sales are made.
- Bar Codes — Bar code printing is available in conjuction with the noFUSS™ Inventory system. The bar codes contain the Dealer's code, the inventory item code and the item price in Code39 symbology. A scan of the bar code during invoice entry instantly fills in the invoice line item with all information except for the number of items being purchased. This proceedure can significantly reduce the time required to complete a Customer's purchase.
The following images are actual screen captures from the VMM Sales Register form.
The VMM software has been designed to make operation simple and quick. Whenever possible, the screens are structured to provide more than one way of accomplishing a task. For example, in the Sales/Invoice form, the operator has the choice of using the mouse or pressing function key combinations to accomplish many of the operations.
Any number of items from any number of Dealers can be entered onto the same invoice (i.e., sales slip). Prior to accepting payment and closing the invoice, each line item can be modified and/or deleted, and new line items can be added. A sales invoice can also be "suspended" (i.e., saved) for later recall in case the customer needs to find other items or leave the store to get their check book from the car.
Payments can be made with any combination of cash, check or charge amounts on a single invoice. The payment screen permits redemption of Gift Certificates (if the G/C option has been purchased) and the conversion of the sale into a Lay-a-Way (if the Lay-a-Way option has been purchased).
One of the best ways to investigate the many features of VMM is to download the latest copy of the VMM help file in a compressed ZIP archive by clicking here (~7.3 MB).
Click here to download a brochure covering VMM.