The following represent the minimum computer system requirements for operation of the VMM software:
- Intel® Pentium processor (or equivalent) running at 200 MHz or greater.
- Microsoft Windows® 98SE, or later, operating system. (Note:
If Microsoft Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or
Windows® 8 is used, the UAC should be disabled, and VMM must be set to "Run as Administrator".)
- 200 MB of free hard disk space.
- VGA monitor with at least 800 X 600 resolution.
- A system printer for reports and optional sales receipts.
The following represent computer system components that we strongly recommend for use in conjunction with the VMM software:
- Some form of fast, high-capacity backup (i.e, removable media) device; such as a USB memory "stick", etc.
- A 40-column receipt printer. In our opinion, receipt printers contributes to a much more professional business image as compared to
using full-page sales receipts, they print receipts faster, and they are are more economical in the long run. (Warning:
Printers with a serial interface may not work with the newer versions of the Windows® operating system, and
we do not support them for use with VMM.)
- An Uninterruptible Power Supply, UPS, for each computer in the system to avoid possible data corruption that can be caused by a suddent
electrical power loss.