System Requirements —
The following represent the minimum computer system requirements for operation of the VMM software:
- Intel® Pentium processor (or equivalent) running at 200 MHz or greater.
- The Microsoft Windows® 98SE, or later, operating system. (Note: If Microsoft Windows® Vista, 8, 8.1 or 10 is used for the operating system, we suggest the User Account Control (UAC) be disabled, and VMM must be set to "Run as Administrator" prior to the first running of the software.) [NOTE: VMM will work fine on all current versions of Microsoft Windows® operating systems including Windows® 10 for both the Home & Professional editions. However, we do highly recommend that the Professional edition be used for systems that will require networking two or more computers.]
- 200 MB of free hard disk space.
- VGA monitor with a minimun of 800 X 600 resolution.
- A system printer for reports and optional sales receipts.
The following represent computer system components that we strongly recommend for use in conjunction with the VMM software:
- Some form of fast, high-capacity backup (i.e., removable media) device; such as a USB memory "stick", etc.
- A 40-column receipt printer. In our opinion, receipt printers contribute to a much more professional business image as compared to using full-page sales receipts, they print receipts faster, and they are more economical in the long run. (Warning: Printers with a serial interface may not work with the newer versions of the Windows® operating system, and we do not support them for use with VMM.) If you choose to use a cash drawer with VMM be sure that it is "triggered" (i.e., opened) by the receipt printer. (We will be happy to provide information on receipt printer models that are known to work well with the VMM program. Please take advantage of this information to help avoid receipt printer problems.)
- An Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) for each computer in the system to avoid possible data corruption that can be caused by a sudden electrical power loss.