Upgrades to the latest production release of the VMM software are provided free of charge to all VMM users by way of
this web site. The latest copy of the software is posted here as soon as it is compiled and tested. These upgrade
releases contain both the latest enhancements that have been made to the software and "bug" fixes to handle any malfunction in
the software that has been reported. Below you will find a compilation of the program changes that have been associated
with each build.
Be sure to subscribe to the RSS feed to receive notifications of VMM updates when they are released. Simply
click on the RSS icon, , on the menu panel at the left and follow the instructions.
To check your program build status, simply go into the VMM Help menu, and select "About Visual Mall Manager™".
At the top of the form, you will note the Version number and the Build Date for your copy of the program.
Simply compare the Build Date for your program to the latest production release Build Date listed below. If your program has
an older Build Date, then you need to download and install the latest software version.
The latest production release is VMM Version 2.16, Build Date
12/01/13. To upgrade to
this version, simply download the self-extracting upgrade archive, VMMupdte.exe, and save it to a convenient location on your computer's
hard disk; for example, C:\Temp or
C:\Downloads. Then "run" the program file to extract the upgrade files to your VMM folders.
You should have a high-speed Internet connection to download these upgrades, because the file size of the download is about twenty-four
megabytes (~22.6 MB) in size. Click here to download the latest build.
If you do not have high-speed Internet, a CD-ROM containing the latest VMM build is available from RFCanon, Inc. for $25.00
including shipping and handling. Simply contact our office at (888) 785-0465 to place your order. Please note that the update
contains the latest copy of the VMM Help file.
- A problem was fixed in the printing of the Lay-a-Way payment receipt for the last payment on a Lay-a-Way. Before the problem was fixed, the last payment receipt actually contained information for a totally different Lay-a-Way. The receipt now prints properly.
- A addition of a new booth to a Dealer's file in the Dealer's Maintenance form did not always properly record the deposit and rent information when the information for the added booth was saved. The program module has been fixed so that the information is saved correctly.
- A bad index definition in the Sales History table has been discovered that causes the apparent loss of period close data on some VMM systems. All of the data is actually in the table, but the index had to be modified to insure that it was accessible for the Sales History report. The Sales History report now functions correctly.
- A new feature has been added to the VMM Inventory system to significantly improve the taking of a physical inventory count when bar codes are being used. Specifically, the new "Scan Inventory Levels" selection on the Inventory menu permits the rapid, sequential scanning of inventory items for updating the physical quantities on hand. Complete details on the operation of this module can be found in the VMM User's Manual/Help file.
- A math error was reported in the new Print Daily A/R Payments report that was added to VMM two months ago. When change was given as part of the payment, we inadvertently added the change to the amount tendered. We sincerely hope that this error did not cause problems for any of you. The math has been corrected, and the accuracy of the report has been well tested in this current build.
- A false "alert" message was appearing on Dealer Sales Statements about monies owed to the store when that was not the case. This message was due to an incorrect math routine in a support library that controls message flags. The appearance of the false message has been corrected in this build.
- Another problem has been found with the "Save Invoice" procedure on the Sales Register form. This problem seems to be only associated with networked sites having a mix of Windows® operating systems (e.g., XP, Vista, 7, etc.). The problem has been corrected in this new build. We do encourage all VMM users to download and install this new update even if you don't operate a multi-user system, or have a variety of operating systems.
- The storage capacity of the VMM Sales History file has been expanded by a factor of 1,000 to hold more than 99 million records. We are confident that no one will exceed that limit using the current software even if they never purge their data files.
- We have corrected a "bug" in the automatic handling of Dealer Accounts Receivable transactions. The Period Close process was adding credit A/R balances back into the Dealer Sales figures which was never intended to happen. The transfer between sales and A/R is intended only to apply positive net Dealer Sales amounts to outstanding A/R balances. The Period Close process has been corrected to only apply positive net income to open A/R balances if that optional behavior has been selected in the System Settings tab of the Company Information form. (Be sure to check the System Settings options to be sure VMM handles negative Period Sales totals the way your business desires to operate.)
- A math error has been fixed in Dealer Period Sales statements for the case where rents are charged Dealers, rent is deducted from Dealer sales, and a Dealer has a resultant negative net income. The problem has been corrected in this build.
- An option has been added to the Reporting Criteria for the Dealer Listing form that permits the listing of ONLY Inactive Dealers.
So, now the listing can be run for Active Dealers, Inactive Dealers or ALL Dealers.
- A new report has been added to the Accounts Receivable menu: Print Daily A/R Payments Report. This report presents a one-line list of all Dealer payments for any selected date. Each line contains the Dealer code, Dealer name, payment amount and form of payment (i.e., cash, check or charge). At the end of the report a summary is provided that list the total cash, check and charge payments.
- A functional "bug" has been fixed in the Sales Register form that prevented the edit of line items on a re-called Sales Invoice that had been "saved".
- This update represents the culmination of the migration of VMM from Version 1 to Version 2. The latest software
contains two new options that are intended to offer further enhancements to the functionality of the software system and provide
the opportunity for some stores to archive a significant reduction in their costs associated with the printing and mailing of
statements to Dealers. VMM can now print Dealer statements in PDF format and email those statements to Dealers
as an attachment to email messages from the store. One option is available for Period Sales Statements and a second
option is available for Balance Forward A/R Statements (the Dealer A/R system must be activated for this second option to be
available). We estimate that these options can both save a minimum of 75¢ per Dealer statement from
postage, supplies and labor savings. The printing and emailing of the statements is accomplished entirely by VMM
in one simple process; the store does not even have to have an email account. The email messages that accompany the statements can be edited and tailored to the wording desired by the individual store. (Please Note: If you have
no interest in these new options, upgrading to this latest version of VMM will have absolutely no impact on the
functionality of your software. The only difference you will notice is additional menu items that are not
- The major upgrade to VMM Help file has been completed to include coverage of these two new options. The latest
help file revision is included in this update or it can be downloaded via the VMM Features page on this web site.
- The application of a Gift Certificate to a Sales invoice (i.e., G/C Redemption) has been modified to insure the correct G/C is applied to the invoice.
Also, the accidental selection of a closed G/C has been blocked.
- A further rework has been required to completely fix the Sold Inventory Report that we thought was fixed in our last update
. The report should now work properly for any selection criteria that is entered the report selection criteria form.
- A "bug" has been corrected in the Sales Invoice Save/Recall routine that resulted in an occasional error due to a problem
with the saved invoice data table when a saved invoice was not recalled on the same day it was saved.
- For our VMM users that are also using the Web Poster™, we are announcing a totally new Version 4 of the TWP software
with improved transmission capabilities. If you would like to upgrade your current version of TWP to this latest release
please contact our sales office. There is no charge for this upgrade if it is downloaded from the Internet.
- This release is a major upgrade to the VMM software
system! Probably the most notable new feature is the ability to re-size
and re-position virtually any form in the program. Even the Sales
Register form can be moved to any desired position on the screen and re-sized
to provide the desired level of resolution. Also, if the Security System
is being used (i.e., it is activated), the changes to the various forms are saved
for each individual operator.
- To assist with the use of the new features added to VMM, the
VMM Help system has undergone a major
re-write and update. For example, there are new options for handling
Dealers' negative net incomes, and Dealers' Rents that are explained in the
Help file. You should review both the Company Information/System
Settings, and Dealer Maintenance topics in the Help file before conducting
End-of-Period activities with VMM.
- A system wide information search can now be made for specific Inventory
Items. This feature is intended to help Operators assist Customers who
may be trying to find a "blue vase" somewhere in the store for example.
This new form is available both in the Sales Register and on the Inventory
Menu. It's use is explained in the VMM Help file.
- A new Balance Forward Statement has been added to the Dealer Accounts
- A "bug" has been fixed in the Sold Inventory Report so that only Items
actually sold during the selected reporting date range are included in the
- It is now possible for the business to optionally avoid printing Period Settlement checks
for individual Dealers. This option has been included in VMM to allow stores that sell
their own merchandise by using Dealer accounts can avoid the printing of checks
for payments to the store. This option is particularly important for stores that
may stock and sell through several different Dealer accounts. The net income
values are still reported via the Dealer Sales Statements, the Display Dealer
Sales form and the Sales History report, but they do not appear in an individual
Dealerís financial details when checks are not printed for the Dealer.
- A functional "bug" has been fixed in the Lay-a-Way payment form to prevent an error condition when the last payment is made on the only active Lay-a-Way in the system.
- The Lay-a-Way receipt print routine was re-worked to insure a receipt is printed even if the workstation receipt printer setup procedure has not been performed.
- A functional "bug" has been fixed in the new Inventory Search form that prevented the results grid from scrolling if more items were found that could be displayed in the visible rows of the grid.
- The VMM Security System has been expanded to allow access control for virtually all forms and operations within the VMM system.
- A display "bug" has been fixed in the Display Dealer Sales form to correct its cosmetic appearance. No functional problems were associated with this fix.
- A feature has been added to the Inventory option that permits searching the entire store for specific inventory items. For example, a search can be made through the inventory of all Dealers to see if a "blue vase" is available to potentially satisfy a Customer's request. The search can be made from the Sales Register by pressing <Alt>+<F5> or by clicking the button at the bottom of the Sales Register form, or the Item Search form is also available via the Inventory Menu.
- Wording has been added to the Lay-a-Way receipts to clarify the issue of an attempted cancellation of a Lay-a-Way.
- A "bug" has been fixed in the Sales Register module that permitted the entry of a sales line item with no information but the Dealer code.
- Another problem has been fixed in the Re-Print of Dealer settlement checks module.
- A problem in the application of the Fixed Store Charge was corrected for systems without the Accounts Receivable option.
- A "Bug" in the Cancel Lay-a-Way form was fixed which prevented the deletion of open Lay-a-Ways that somehow no longer had open payments to be posted.
- Startup testing was implemented in the VMM program which attempts to insure the program is installed properly on 64-bit operating systems and that proper permissions have been set.
- A "Bug" in the Inventory Maintenance form was fixed which crept in with the last modification that expanded the VMM Inventory table capacity. The problem prevented multiple inventory items from being added consecutively.
- A "Bug" in the Inventory Reports module was found when the report was attempted for a single Dealer and that Dealer had a dealer code comprised of only a single character.
- The re-print of an Invoice under the Utilities Search function to a 40-column receipt printer did not work properly and has been corrected.
- The Daily Sales Report did not work when a report by Operator or Workstation (multi-user systems only) was attempted.
- A "bug" was fixed in the Re-Print Dealer Checks module that resulted in an error condition when the Dealer Check Register table contained only check alignment test print records.
- If an initial receipt is printed for a Lay-a-Way payment, a "Re-Print" button appears so that multiple receipts can be printed.
- The Dealer Listing report has been modified to permit printing the report for "Active" Dealers only; Inactive Dealers do not appear on the report.
- A "Bug" in the Dealer Statements for "collapsed" statement formats was fixed to properly report Dealers with only one item sold for the Sales Period.
- Invoices for Lay-a-Way sales can now be "re-printed" from the Search menu.
- An intermittent problem with the Store Discount feature in the Sales Register has been fixed.
- Inventory items with a zero quantity on-hand can be purged from the VMM system. The purge module is found on the Admin menu.
- Customer credit card information can now be retrieved for closed invoices via the Utilities-->Search Utilities-->Invoice selection sequence.
- A report has been added to the Inventory system to report Sold Inventory Items during any selected date range with optional selection of limits for the Dealer Code and Item Code ranges.
- A "bug" has been fixed in the Lay-a-Way Payments module that allowed multiple postings of the same payment.
- The System Administrator password is now required to "Delete" Dealers from the system.
- The Lay-a-Way Payment posting module was modified to avoid the false reporting of a "residual" amount during the posting process.
- The Print Dealer Statements routine was fixed to properly print the statements in Last Name order.
- The Lay-a-Way program was modified to prevent the completion of a Lay-a-Way for no value (i.e., a zero total sale).
- Search for Sold Items form has been fixed to search properly when the Inventory Item Code field is left blank.
- The cash drawer opening routine was re-worked in several areas of the program to improve the reliability of this operation.
- Added Inventory Item Code field to Search for Sold Items utility.
- Bug fix for the Lay-a-Way deposit computation for a tax exempt Lay-a-Way.
- Error condition has been corrected for the case when the final payment is made on the last open Lay-a-Way in the system.